Tuesday, August 01, 2006

the journey itself is home

There are times when the body knows things before the mind does. As we hiked into Santiago my mind was scattered with thoughts...hardly believing that we would shortly be arriving at our destination...but my body sensed the end. It felt the momentum of walking foward in one direction for over a month inside and it was as if my stomach was doing backward summersalts trying to prepare for stopping. Now there are no yellow arrows to point our way, but we will continue to journey and set forth in all kinds of new directions. As a sign painted on the wall at JesusĀ“s albuergue said, "Every day is a journey and the journey itself is home."

1 Comments:

Blogger edenharris said...

How did I know the instant I read your first sentence that this was a Kate entry? Your wisdom comes through in 12 words, strung together.
Congratulations for a journey well done..a journey just begun. I will miss reading your entries!
Janet

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home