Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hola

Allie, Ryan, Holly, and I are here at Hostal Acapulco. The trip here was long, but fairly painless. Ryan and I played the Onflight Trivia Challenge for probably 4 hours with a bunch of other people on the plane. Unfortunately though, we did not sleep. When we got here we took the metro to the hostel. I wanted to try and speak some Spanish, but when we arrived we were so tired, and I shamelessly blurted out, ¨Can we speak English?¨ I feel intimidated speaking Spanish here, so I´ll have to be better tomorrow. After an accidental six-hour nap, and little bit of a bullfight on TV, we went out to a little restaurant called Restaurante Puerto Rico that Javier (from the hostel) recommended to us. I had an omelette that was stuffed with potatoes. We also got a big jug of sangria, so we ended up staying at the restaurant for a while so we could make sure we finished it. After dinner we walked around for a while, but we felt very tourist-y and out of place since we were really just wandering. Allie and I noticed that we are out of style...it seems as though all of the girls here wear white pants. We were reading horoscopes in the lobby here earlier, and mine definitely said something about problemas musculares.... hmmm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am a big fan! It'll be great to - in a way- be along with you guys for your adventure as you give us your daily updates. Take care - Allie's mom

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home